Thursday, February 01, 2007

My dad

(I haven't posted in so so so long. I keep composing posts in my head but not actually posting them. I've been trying to come up with 5 interesting things for the meme Antonia tagged me with, but I can't think of 5 things period, let alone 5 interesting things. I'll work on it)

Four years ago today (Feb. 1) my dad died. I wrote about him on his birthday a couple of years ago (here) and I wanted to share it here today.

I miss him still, although I realized recently that it's been easier as the days and years go by. Today I was a little bit weepy and emotional but mostly I was able to remember happy things about my dad. I hope that as time goes by I will be able to keep all those happy, funny memories and let the memories of his last days slide from the forefront.

(I'll try to be funny next time. Or at least not so sedate.)

No comments: