Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

I just realized it's been a full month since I last posted. Wow. Well, I promise to get back into posting more frequently, but I just wanted to do a New Year's post.

(quick aside: I didn't ever say anything about the new job, so I'll do a real post about it sometime soon. I like it, the people are fun for the most part and I think in the end it was the right choice over all. More on that another time)

I was going to post last night, but, as it turns out, I was in the midst of a somewhat "single-still-yet-again-at-New-Year's" mope, so, I decided to spare you all that agony. I decided instead that I need to figure out what I want to try to do to change the mope part (since the cynical side of me doesn't have high hopes about the "single still" part)(sorry, that was slightly "mope-ish").

So, I started mentally listing things. I do love lists, as you may have noticed. I don't know if these are proper resolutions or not, but they are things I think I need to do something about. (I think "improve overall grammar usage" should be on that list)

(before I start, I just have to say this: I think that almost any time in the past year that I have truly been in a "wah poor me all alone" mope phase, Bridget Jones' Diary is on TV somewhere, either that day or the day after. How is that possible? I always end up watching at least part of it, and always end up laughing, cheered up but also wishing that, just once, someone would like ME "just as i am". sigh.)(it's on right now)(sigh)

Okay then, on to the not-really-resolutions-list:
1. I tend to be far too hermit like, and the more hermit-like I am the harder it is to get out and do things. So, I want to do new things, even by myself. I will try to find things to do that will get me out of the house now and then.
2. I am terrible at keeping in touch with people, even people in the city. I tend to not call if I don't have anything specific to say because I don't want to bother people who probably have more stuff going on than I do. So, I will call people I know more regularly, even when I don’t have anything specific to say.
3. I have started to realize that I have gotten so used to always being home by myself that when someone actually wants to spend time with me, I am mentally deciding if it's worth giving up whatever I had planned to do at home. (i.e. knitting/spinning/tv) So, I will stop planning my evenings alone in such a way that I consider the evenings plans mentally before accepting offers of something to do.
4. I will watch "24". (I wanted at least ONE thing on the list that i will GLADLY and EASILY do.)(I planned to do this one anyway)
5. I will make an effort to speak to people and moderate how rambling/blabby I get when and if I do speak to people (side-effect of the shyness is that I get overly chatty and can't seem to turn it off. whee)
6. I will write (here? anywhere?) at least 3 times a week.
7. I will look into the possibility of pursuing my master's. eventually. (eventually pursue, not eventually look into it.)
8. I will make more of an effort to maintain a presence in my nieces and nephews' lives, not just at holidays.
9. Make a decision about (situation I can't/won't spell out here) I wasn't going to do this, because why include it on this list if I'm not going to spell it out since I can't give details here for a whole bunch of reasons, but I can't stand a list with a strange number of items. It needs to be a good round number. sorry.
10. Add one more day per week on the bike OR add 10 more minutes each day that I do ride the bike. One of the two.

So, there you have it. A list. With 10 items. Sort of resolutions, sort of just things I've been thinking about for a month or two (or 6 as the case may be).

Hope the New Year started well for all of you. Thanks for piping up from time to time to let me know you're here. Here's to a super interesting 2007!

1 comment:

~Lori said...

(piping up) Wow.... I thought #5 was only me!