Monday, October 06, 2008

Random(ish) Monday

If you are one of those people who get into semantic battles about the haphazard use of the word "random" then go elsewhere today you can shut it I do apologize. I use the word simply to indicate a bunch of unrelated musings.

-I woke up Friday thinking it was Saturday. That was the best couple of minutes until I realized it was Friday and I had to go to work. Needless to say (but will be said anyway) my Friday sucked as a result. I was so cranky.

-When I am cranky all pet peeves are magnified. For example:
*If you tell me you have a "few" questions but then only ask 1 or 2, you may incur my wrath.
*when driving, if you need to change lanes PLEASE for the love of all things Holy do not take 24 minutes to do so!!
*When driving, if you decide you need to be in my lane and only start signalling when your vehicle is even with mine and there is no one behind me, I will not see any reason to slow up so you can get in front of me in my lane.

-I went home for lunch on Friday, figuring that I was so cranky it was best to be alone for a while. I played Mario Kart (Wii!!) while at home and then promptly got back in my car to go back to work. The brain, apparently, could use a few minutes to shift between the 2 driving styles. Apparently.

-On Thursday, out of the blue, The Boy asked if I would like to go to the Symphony on Friday. The Calgary Philharmonic was presenting the Lord of the Rings Symphony with the CPO and Chorus. It was really good.
-More awesome still? They encouraged patrons to dress up. In LOTR costume. For the Symphony.
-More awesome yet? People did.

No comments: